How To Create Your Personal or Business Email Address
The most important step in creating your personal email address is to register a unique domain name.
A domain name is what forms the "@YourDomainName" part of your email address.
It also has other functions such as being used for a web site or blog address (www.YourDomainName).
Examples of domain names are:
google.com - an example of an email address might be support@Google.com
cameron-diaz.com - an example of an email address might be Cameron@Cameron-Diaz.com
ez-domainnameregistration.com - an example of an email address is info@Ez-DomainNameRegistration.com
ebay.com - an example of an email address might be email@example.com
thesmithfamily.com - an example of an email address might be JohnSmith@TheSmithFamily.com
Hints on Creating the Domain Name for Your Personalized Email Address
- You can register domain names that are a word, a name, a phrase... virtually any combination of characters
- Your domain name can be as short as 3 characters or as long as 63 characters - plus the ending extension like: .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .us, .ws
- Your domain name can not include any spaces and must only use letters, numbers and hyphens ( dashes "-" )
- Your domain name cannot begin or end with a hyphen (dash)
- Domain names are not case sensitive, so there is no reason to use capital letters when registering them. If in the registration process you see the domain name given in all capital letters, that is OK. The actual registration is made in all lower case letters. However, when you tell people your domain name, it's OK to use capital letters to make it easier to read-- for example: you can use TheSmithFamily.com instead of thesmithfamily.com.
- Your domain name must be unique. There can't be more than one email address or website with the same domain name. We provide you a search tool to find out if a domain name is available.
- If the name you want is already in use, you may want to check for variations. For example, if you wanted "www.myname.com", variations of the spelling or word order may help you choose a new domain name. Or try adding hyphens (dashes "-") between words (my-domain-name.com).
Check the availability of "MyDomainName.com" or "MyDomainNameOnline.com" or "ShopMyDomainName.com". And don't forget to check the name with the other extensions like: "MYDomainName.NET", "MYDomainName.ORG, MyDomainName.INFO", "MyDomainName.Online", "MyDomainName.US or "MyDomainName.STORE"
- Here are some suggestions for creating the domain name for your unique, personalized email address:
Add in front of
Add at end of
Use with Family Name
If your family name
Here's the basics on everything you'd like to know about a personalized email address.
Here are the advantages of a personalized email address.
This FAQ page will tell you all about your personalized email address.
Use the following link to view a summary of email account plans and prices.
To see if the domain name you want to use for your personalized email address is available, enter it in the text form below.
For example: YourDesiredName.com, or .net, or .org, or .online, etc.